Wintersox

Poetry and Rock and Roll

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Circles


What you see sounds to you like trashy noise, a big old load, is in fact...brilliant genius like Iggy Pop's music, myself.

I Don't Believe You

She Acts Like We Never Have Met 2

How does it feel
To be
Like a Rolling Stone?

I'm being harassed because I'm a great artist. Can you believe that shit? I'm like Jim Morrison, and these pussys are trying to fuck with me.

I come from a place where a great artist is treated like a Gahan.

I took a class taught by Andy Hollinden at Indiana University called Captain Beefheart, The Beach Boys, and The Residents. Did you know Don Van Vliet sculpted every animal there was as a child? You want to be a different fish, you've got to study Captain Beefheart in school.

Intent matters so much. Just like when I say rock and roll it's the real thing instead of bullshit.

I'm free because I understand people plan on trying to keep me a slave, I'd leave the farm on it.

Life is about circles, so make a good one.

Come all together

Peace

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so where's your music?

i span the distance from the soft machine to david byrne back again at lou reed and then sometimes i trip off like patti smith, watching the waves beat me over the head, watching them pound down on me, and as the sky and sea breaks together, joining into one magnum opus, i see there a stranded fisherman and leave my reveries for i know no matter how exalted i become i am no match for even a gallon of ocean when it is all a big piece of that giant (w)hole and i know that people like you are waiting for followers, but i always heard "don't follow leaders" so i will just do that. equality is just loyalty in school.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i think you might be mildly retarded.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Craig Pumpaloaf said...

Wintersox threatened to kill me on the Keeping Music Evil message board. He may be dangerous.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home